Acne is a common skin condition that affects people at some stage in their lives, impacting their daily life and emotional wellbeing. The inflammatory type of acne-like pimples and cysts can result in scarring (a complication of acne). The scars develop when an acne breakout punctures the skin profoundly and cause damage to the underlying tissues. It occurs when the body works hard to heal the wounds caused by active acne by producing excess collagen but the collagen stays permanently resulting in the appearance of scars. There are various types of acne scars such as boxcar scars, ice pick scars, rolling scars, and hypertrophic (raised) scars. These can make the person self-conscious or embarrassed about the skin.
Get the best acne treatment in Gurgaon at Skin Zest from the best skin doctor, Dr. Noopur Jain. There are many acne scar treatments available at Skin Zest that helps diminish the appearance of acne scars dramatically. It is essential to identify the type of acne scar and its severity before going for their treatment as every type responds differently to a particular treatment.
1. Microneedling – Micro-needling technique is a minimally-invasive procedure that works by puncturing the skin with microneedles or dermapen to create minute holes or micro-injuries. This triggers the body’s natural healing response that boosts the collagen and elastin synthesis and encourages the growth of new, healthy cells that enhance the overall skin texture and tone. Nowadays, this traditional method is combined with radiofrequency energy (known as RF micro-needling) that is carried through fractional technique into deeper skin layers to rejuvenate the skin appearance and fade away acne scars. The entire procedure does not harm the superficial skin layers, hence it involves marginal downtime.
2. Chemical peeling – Chemical skin peel treatment makes use of chemical solutions of varying strength to target the problematic areas. Some examples of chemical peels include the glycolic peel, retinol peel, and TCA peel. This technique is commonly used to treat pigmented mild to moderate acne scars. It boosts collagen production and helps achieve a smoother skin texture and improved skin appearance. The chemical peel works by exfoliating the skin (removal of dead skin cells) and allowing the new and healthy skin to form. This clears the skin pores and prevents future acne breakouts. To know more about acne scar treatment cost in Gurgaon with chemical peels, consult Dr. Noopur Jain at Skin Zest.
3. Laser skin resurfacing –In this method, laser light is focused on the superficial skin layers to break the scarred tissues which further encourages collagen synthesis and new, healthy cells to grow in their place. This is a quick, easy, and straightforward treatment that is not a good option for anyone who is having a darker skin tone, active acne breakouts, or severely wrinkled skin. Typically, the procedure has a faster healing time than other skin resurfacing treatments.
4. Dermal fillers – Depressed acne scars can be treated by injecting dermal fillers that work to add volume to the skin and make it hydrated. These fillers help stimulate natural collagen production. They can be used on the areas of the face including the lips, nose, cheeks, chin, and around the mouth. Bellafill is a long-lasting dermal filler that is FDA approved to treat certain types of moderate to severe acne scars. It has a collagen base and tiny polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) beads which structurally support the skin.
5. Scar revision – This is a customized surgical procedure that works to reduce or improve the appearance of the scars. The extent of the surgery depends on the type and severity of the scars.
6. Subcision (subcutaneous incisional surgery)–It is a minor surgical procedure used for treating depressed scars. The procedure involves the insertion of a small needle into the skin to separate the acne scar from the underlying tissue. This raises the skin and fades the acne scar appearance.
7. Fat grafting – It is a good solution to remove pitted scars as it can improve all aspects of a scar including its depth and surface by restoring the lost skin volume.
8. Growth elixir – It is a unique skin rejuvenating treatment that utilizes plat-elets (containing growth factors) of the patient’s blood to boost collagen production and rejuvenate the skin. This minimally-invasive injectable treatment helps achieve natural-looking results and is considered to be safe and effective for diminishing the appearance of acne scar.
9. IPL (Intense pulsed light) therapy– It is also referred to as phototherapy. The treatment can clear the acne scars and smoothen out skin tone and texture. It involves the use of a handheld device that emits pulses of broad-spectrum light which directly contacts the skin surface without harming it. The patient requires multiple treatments for achieving the best results.
To get the best acne scar and acne treatment in Gurgaon, pay a visit at Skin Zest.